Breaking News

Granite Flats

It's raining and cold today so no pumpkin festival :(

Lester's Farm has postponed it till tomorrow when I will be out of town :(

In lieu of pumpkin festivals today's post will be about tv. Or what I've been watching on it. Because, you see, being back in North America means we now have access to Netflix - yay!

Now, admittedly I used my free month to rewatch a lot of old stuff. Like the first season of The Gilmour Girls. (Oh, come on! Who isn't rewatching at least some of it to get ready for the new movies next month?)

I also rewatched the first few episodes of Season 1 of Farscape, which, by the way, seems to have stood the test of time. I mean, how can you go wrong when you combine sci-fi, Henson muppetry and the interstellar chemistry between John Crichton (Ben Bowder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black).



Two months in I've started watching new (ish) things. Like this show called Granite Flats by BYUtv. Set in the USA during the cold war period there is, seemingly, a UFO mystery at the core of Granite Flats.

I've enjoyed the first few episodes. Despite the fact that it's not sophisticated story telling there is a certain charm to it. Reminds me of The Goonies and Stand by Me.  The sometimes uneven acting but wholesome appeal had me convinced it was a co-Canadian production! (eg, Murdoch Mysteries and Houdini and Doyle). But it's not.

Now while there isn't much of Granite Flats on Youtube to share here's a little taste...



Definitely some appeal, right? But who/what is BYUtv? I'd never heard of it.

After some more googling I've discovered that BYU is Brigham Young University...run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.

And that's the Mormons, right?


No comments